Friday, February 26, 2016

Dream - Carried Safely All the Way to the Other Side

I seldom have prophetic dreams, but the Lord gave me an encouraging dream last August or September that I’ll share here.

First, a little personal background. As a child I lived in Gig Harbor, Washington, near the Narrows Bridge. I used to climb down the bluffs and play on the beach all the time. The bridge is large and green and stretches for a mile across the Puget Sound. The tidal currents flow swiftly through that area. 

DREAM

I parked my car on the top of the bluff near the Narrows Bridge on the Gig Harbor side and intended to go for a hike alone. As I started walking along a trail, two strong-looking men joined me, one on each side. They were jovial and friendly and I didn’t mind that they were there.

Suddenly the man on my right picked me up high and said something like, "I hope you're ready for this!" Then he stepped over the edge of the bluff. I looked straight down and saw the rocks on the beach at least 100 feet below where we would land. Though I understood the fall would kill me, I immediately felt a deep, abiding peace, the kind that only comes from Jesus. I knew in my heart it was going to be okay.

As we fell, an intense wind blew us sideways much faster than we were falling vertically. In fact, the wind carried us the entire mile across the sound and set us down gently on the beach on the other side. After the man set me down on the sand, I looked around and asked, “How did you know?” As in, how did he know the wind would carry us safely across?
End of dream.

INTERPRETATION

The men were angels. Whatever tribulation is coming in the days ahead, in the natural it would kill me. But I believe God will send his host (angels) to provide safe passage across, all the way to the other side. Praise God!

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord, 'My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!'


For He will give His angels charge concerning you,
To guard you in all your ways. 

They will bear you up in their hands, 
That you do not strike your foot against a stone."
- Psalm 91:1-2, 11-12 

No comments: