Thursday, July 7, 2016

Message from the Wildfire - The Light Has Come into the World


Last week a wildfire erupted around midnight on Table Rock, an iconic geological formation in the foothills behind Boise, Idaho. Table Rock has a prominent cross on it that lights up at night, which you can see here in this previous photo (from TripAdvisor):




My neighbor rang my doorbell at about 12:45 a.m. to warn me. I looked out my window and saw a wall of fire burning across the mesa next to Table Rock. My house sits at the base of the foothills about a mile away. I stayed up all night because the fire was moving toward my house until fire crews stopped it the next morning.

Note: Last fall my five-year-old daughter, who doesn't normally share her dreams, said she dreamed about a "volcano" that came to our neighbor's house but stopped before it reached our house. The morning after the fire, my daughter pointed to the scorched-black mesa and said, "That's a volcano."

The event was spectacular and had an apocalyptic feel. Crackling fire and smoke, flashing lights of emergency vehicles, people in the streets, lightning from the sky came down on the burn area and arced overhead.

The day after a someone sent my wife this image of the fire. I don't know who took the photo, but there's a message in it:





"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. 

For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. 

He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.  

This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.  

For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 

But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God."

- John 3:16-21


1 comment:

Kim said...

Thank you for this post, it is confirmation for what I have been seeing since Sunday! A glowing cross, on top of churches, ornaments, you name it - always accompanied by a wonderful sense of what I can only describe as nostalgia!